Hola, familia y amigos…
- So remember that dog that bit me a tiny bit? I´m pretty sure it wants to kill me. Or at the very least bite me again. Very badly. Whenever its owners (rather foolishly, I might add) let it out, without any warning it starts chasing me angrily. We were getting back to our room the other day, I had not walked anywhere near it, and all of a sudden it ran at us. I swear. It´s crazy. It is pretty much the only dog in quite a while I´m scared of…and I haven´t done anything to it. OK, so I´ve thought about kicking it around or sending it far away to Antarctica and that kind of thing…but still. It´s evil, I tell you. 🙂
- We had Kraft macaroni and cheese this week…we got to go to the center of Arequipa last week and shop, and I bought two boxes. It was amazing. 🙂 I also bought another brownie mix, and this time it turned out OK, not burnt, and although it wasn´t as great as it would be from an oven, it was kind of completely awesome. I love a little taste of North America every so often. 🙂
- Ariel…so you know that Men´s Chorus music you so awesomely sent me? Well, there´s a problem. All but “Silent Night” is in a file format that won´t play on anything I´ve tried. I even got a cool USB player shaped like a car, and yeah, it won´t play. I think it needs to all be in MP3 format. So if you could send me those songs again…whenever you can, because you´re crazy busy and awesome, that would be lovely. 🙂 (I do have a bunch of MoTab music from Conference on my other USB that I can listen to, so no worries about the amount of music I have, for now. :))
- We had a baptism this week! It was a great experience. I wish I could send you all pictures, but I still don´t have anything to be able to send them. I´ll work on that. It was the brother of a recently reactivated member that´s getting ready to go on a mission. He baptized his brother, which was great. Our new convert even got ordained as a priest the very day he got confirmed, which was terrific…he´s doing really well. He really wanted to be baptized, so really, it was easy to teach him and help prepare him.
- We gave talks this week…mine was on enduring to the end, and afterwards, something really nice happened. We had a less-active member who hasn´t gone to Church in a while that was going to come with her son that we´re teaching, and I thought the talk might be good for her (I told a story by Elder Aoyagi of the Seventy, that was in the March 2011 Liahona, about how he went less-active for a while but then came back)…but she didn´t come. However, afterwards, a sister from the branch complimented me on my talk and said it was spot-on, which was very nice…and then I realized that she hadn´t been going to Church in a bit (her family is active…her son just turned 8 and got baptized)…and that maybe I had helped her. I don´t know. Maybe it was just a coincidence…but it was nice to see that the talk I´d prepared was able to make a difference.
- OK, I´m so out of time…I had an experience in a lesson in companionship exchanges that I was going to talk about, but that might have to wait. (Yeah, I know I´ve said that before and then I end up not doing it. But I will. I promise. :))
I also had a really great scriptural insight I wanted to share, too, but that also will have to wait. For now…I love you all so much. I hope you´re doing great. You´re all, as always, in my prayers. And like I said last week…I´d love to hear from each and every one of you that are reading this. I always welcome emails and letters. 🙂 For now, que Dios les bendiga…