Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:38 AM
Subject: Raindrops and…Other Things.
- First off, I heard that Sister Monson passed away this past week. It´s definitely sad…but she lived a great life. I had no idea it happened until Sunday…our branch president mentioned that one of his sons had told him. I´ve been keeping President Monson in my prayers this past day or two (I should really have him and his family in my prayers much more than that)…but I´m sure he´s doing well. He knows exactly where Sister Monson is.
- We continued to improve this week in our numbers…though it wasn´t as consistent of a week as we had last week. But we did nicely. My companion and I had a few snags, but as I said last week, we´re working extremely well together. Things are still quite good in that regard.
- I had my second baptismal interview to do as district leader this week, and for the first time, the investigator passed! The elders in that area taught him well, and he was pretty much ready already to be baptized, and the interview went very smoothly, and he was able to be baptized this past weekend. Not quite as cool as a baptism in our area, but still very excellent. 🙂
- So Mom, I hope you´ve found out exactly what is pastel de papas. Because we ate it again yesterday, and it´s so amazing. If you still have no idea what the heck it is, try looking it up on the Internet or something along those lines. And then learn to make it, because I will definitely be asking for it when I get back. 🙂
- Update on my package! So I´m pretty sure it has finally arrived in Arequipa. They gave me three cartas de poder (power of attorney so the people in the mission office can pick up my package for me) to fill out, just out of the blue, so chances are that means that my package is in the post office now, and they just need me to get those letters signed and notarized to be able to take it out. I´ll be doing so today, so hopefully I should have it by the end of this week at the latest. As always, I´ll keep you posted.
- Um…wow. This has been a nice week. But I just don´t have much special to tell you, off the top of my head. Watch, right after I sign out of my email, I´m going to think of like a billion things… 🙂
- I made scrambled eggs this week. It was delicious. Yes, I know, family, that you´re still all shocked I love eggs all of a sudden now. But I do. It´s crazy. But amazing.
- We´re getting our new mission president pretty soon…he starts in July. It will be quite a change.
- So the rain returned this week for a little bit. They were saying that it was the first time in forever that it had rained this time of the year. I wasn´t that thrilled to see the rain again…like I said before, when I wasn´t a missionary and didn´t have to go out tracting in the rain and all that, I loved rain. Now I´m not a fan. But it wasn´t too strong this time around, and it looks like it´s disappeared for the most part, for now. The cool after-effect is that Misti has much more snow on it. It looks pretty majestic.
And…I am seriously not sure at all why I don´t have that much to write this week. Sorry about that. But I´m doing well…I´m still happy and excited for my area and I know things will continue to get better if we keep working hard and in unity as companions, and with the Spirit as our companion. I´m very grateful to be here, I still can´t believe I´ve been on a mission for more than a year now, and I love you all so much. I hope you´re all doing well, and make sure to write me when you can. I love hearing from each one of you. 🙂