- So that special visit I hinted about? Elder Russell M. Nelson, with his wife, along with Elder Rasband from the Presidency of the Seventy, Elder Juan A. Uceda of the Seventy (the South America Northwest Area president), his wife, and Elder Taylor Godoy, an Area Seventy, came to talk to us. We got to shake ALL their hands. I was in the front row. Their talks were amazing…darn it, I´ll have to share insights next week if I can. Elder and Sister Nelson´s talks in particular were spectacular. And we got to see ALL the mission. I talked to Elder Murdock, he´s doing well, I FINALLY got to reunite with Elder Serrano (I gave him a note…and in something that made me smile, he told me, “You are big now,” and that it looks like I´ve changed a lot for the better), and many, many more (Elder Armijo, etc.). It was an incredible experience. Don´t let me forget to tell you all more about it. On Sunday, we also had a very excellent satellite training by the Area Presidency on working better with ward councils. Lots of great counsel from General Authorities this week…we´re quite blessed. 🙂
- My companion is getting better. In an amazing breakthrough this week, HE´S CONTACTING! After listening to Elder Nelson and todos on Friday, he got more excited to contact, and now we´re talking to people…in the street, etc….together. It makes me so happy. Things are looking up.
- We have a lot of great people we´re working with. 5 of them came to Sacrament meeting this week! And 2 more came afterwards. We´re going to work on helping them progress some more this week.
- We have an amazing activity planned for this week…Thanksgiving Night. Yes. It looks very promising. This is how I will be spending my Thanksgiving…introducing it to a bunch of Peruvians. More on how it goes next week. 🙂
- The Bishop played a joke on me…when he announced the opening hymn this week, he said, “And no piano.” Then he motioned for me to come up and play. 🙂
- My dog bite´s doing much better. Still healing.
- It is the last week of transfers. We will speak no more of this. I should be fine.
And I´m over time. The email title is borrowed from something Sister Nelson said in her talk…she talked about how we´re on our journey to become gods. And once again, sorry for not being able to share more from their talks…so little to share with you all, but so much time…oh wait, scratch that, reverse it. 🙂 I love you all, and as always, can´t wait to hear from each and every one of you. Never be afraid to send an email or letter. 🙂